Thursday, July 28, 2011

Try Something New...

I finished my 'My Family' mini album -with pics. I'm pretty pleased at how it came out except that I wish I had larger Bind-it-all rings. I think this album would lay better if I was able to use my bind-it-all. More importantly though, I have put some precious family photos into an album! Better in there than in the file folder in my desk! Its always a great feeling to finish a project, but I'm ready for something new.

Yesterday I bought two of the little unfinished birdhouses at Michaels. My plan is to alter them in a shabby chic style. When I was in Ct I bought a few birds...artificial little ones that will fit sweetly with these birdhouses. This will be the first time I have ever altered something besides a box. I'm looking forward to this project! I bought new paint (on sale at Mikes) and plan on using the crackle medium I have. I am debating on whether to use paper on a portion of the birdhouse, as a backround. I have gorgeous Websters pages...we'll see. Maybe I'll paper one and completely paint the other as a comparison. Decisions, decisions...lol.

I'm also looking forward to starting my Steampunk Debutante mini from the kit I received from Cassi. I may do a tag mini since I just received the TH tag and bookplate sizzix die.

I'm truly enjoying the YouTube community of scrappers! I'm learning so much and it is making me a better crafter. Thank you all for your videos...I'm addicted to watching you all! LOL

TTYS-- Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment